Friday, February 19, 2010

Shitty Drum Kits




Okay, so here is something all of you can relate to -- my hatred for playing on a shitty drum kit! This is me fucking ranting, because that's the purpose this blog serves to me... to rant about shit I fucking hate... and today, I hate shitty drum kits. Allow me to elaborate...

I have a pretty nice drum kit. It's not top-of-the-line... but, I take care of it. I keep it tuned; cymbals sounding good; drum heads in good condition; etc etc. I use this drum kit all the time. Every show. However, last night, my band had partaken in a classic, amateur-hour battle of the fucking bands. Which, to the non-musicians out there, means -- I'm a promoter, and I want all the money... fuck the bands. The only reason we did it was because the local radio station out here sponsored it, and there was going to be a bunch of people. Unfortunately, they wanted me to use the house drum kit. Over the phone, the promoter made it sound like it was some real nice kit with all kinds of bells and whistles. When I got there, I almost threw up. Literally, I could have take garbage cans and made them sound better. The kick drum head was dinged up, and I said to myself, "I'm going to kick right through that!" Sure enough, the first band that played kicked through it. You know how these pro's fixed it? FUCKING DUCT TAPE. Yeah, what kind of amateur hour bullshit is that! It took everything in my power not to completely blow up the kit during our set. /end rant.

- Sir John

No comments:

Post a Comment